Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is a popular first-person shooter game that is played by millions of players worldwide. It is a game that requires a lot of skill and teamwork to master. One of the best ways to play CS:GO is by creating your own server. This allows you to customize the game to your liking, add your own skins, knives, and gloves, and play with your friends. In this tutorial, we will show you how to create a CS:GO server with skins, knife, and gloves plugins.
Before beginning to create a csgo server, there are a few prerequisites that must be met.
- Renting a dedicated server or using a VPS: To host a CSGO server, you will need a dedicated server or a VPS that meets the system requirements for running a CSGO server. These requirements can be found on the official CSGO website.
- Basic knowledge of Linux commands and server administration: Creating a CSGO server requires some basic knowledge of Linux commands and server administration. If you’re new to this, it’s recommended that you first familiarize yourself with these concepts before proceeding.
- A reliable internet connection: Hosting a server requires a reliable internet connection with a high upload speed. This is important to ensure that players can connect to your server and have a smooth gaming experience.
- Adequate storage space: The CSGO server files and the plugins that you will be installing will take up a significant amount of storage space. Make sure that your server has enough storage space to accommodate these files.
- Familiarity with configuring server settings: You will need to configure the server settings such as the server name, max players, and game modes. Familiarity with these concepts is essential for setting up your server correctly.
- A budget for hosting: Hosting a CSGO server can come with a monthly or annual cost depending on the hosting service you choose. Be sure to budget for this cost before proceeding.
The system requirements for creating a CSGO server are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows or Linux
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM or more
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 15 GB of free storage space or more
It’s important to note that these requirements are the minimum needed to run a CSGO server. If you want to run a server with a large number of players or additional plugins, you may need to have a more powerful server with higher specifications.
It’s recommended that you use a dedicated server or a VPS (Virtual Private Server) to host your CSGO server. This is because shared hosting environments may not have the resources or configurations necessary to run a CSGO server. When choosing between a dedicated server and a VPS, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Number of players: If you plan on having a large number of players on your server, a dedicated server may be the better option as it will have more resources and better performance.
- Cost: VPSs are generally cheaper than dedicated servers, so if budget is a concern, a VPS may be a better option.
- Control: With a dedicated server, you have more control over the server and can customize it to your needs. With a VPS, you may have less control and customization options.
- Expertise: If you have experience with server administration, a dedicated server may be the better option as it will give you more control and flexibility. However, if you’re new to server administration, a VPS may be a better option as it is generally easier to set up and manage.
It’s also important to note that the CSGO server files and the plugins that you will be installing will take up a significant amount of storage space. Make sure that your server has enough storage space to accommodate these files.
By ensuring that your server meets these system requirements, you will be able to run a stable and reliable CSGO server that players will enjoy playing on. Now let’s take a look at the steps to configure the server.
Step 1: Setting Up the Server
The first step in creating a CS:GO server is to set up the server. You will need to download the server files for CS:GO. Once you have downloaded the files, you will need to extract them to a folder on your computer. The process involves the following steps:
- For Windows: To install the CSGO server files, you will need to download them from the Steam.
- For linux: If you’re running linux machines then first download SteamCmd as per the steps mentioned at Valve developer website and proceed accordingly.
- Verify the files: Before starting the server, it’s important to verify the files to ensure that they are not corrupted or missing. You can use the steamcmd tool to verify the files. To do this, run the following command in the steamcmd directory:
./steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /path/to/csgo/server +app_update 740 validate +quit
This command will verify the files and download any missing or corrupted files.
Step 2: Installing the Plugins
Once you have set up the server, you will need to install the plugins. There are many different plugins available for CS:GO servers, but the most popular ones are skins, knife, and gloves plugins. These plugins allow you to customize the game by adding new skins, knives, and gloves to the game. To install these plugins, you will need to download them from the internet and extract them to a folder on your computer. The process involves the following steps:
Before installing the below plugins read valve guideline. Valve doesn’t allow plugins that allow players to claim temporary) ownership of CS:GO items that are not in their inventory (Weapon skins, knives, etc). So please beware of the risk and only proceed if you understand that. These plugins includes plugins that give you skins and/or knives you don’t possess, commonly known as !ws and !knife.
- Research and download plugins: Before installing the plugins, you will need to research the different options available. There are several plugins that you can use to add skins, knife, and gloves to your server. Some popular plugins include:
Skins & Knives and Gloves.
- Extract the plugins: After downloading the plugins, you will need to extract them to the csgo/addons directory on your server.
- Download PTaH Linux plugin according to your linux version from here.
- Configure the plugins: Once you have installed the plugins, you will need to configure them. Each plugin has its own configuration file that you may need to edit. These files are usually located in the csgo/addons directory. Specially locate the core.cfg file under
/addons/sourcemod/configs. Find FollowCSGOServerGuidelines and change it’s value from yes to no.
- Test the plugins: After configuring the plugins, you should restart the server and test them to ensure that they are working correctly. You can do this by connecting to your server and testing the skins, knife, and gloves using !ws or !skins or !gloves command in chat based on what have you installed.
Step 3: Configuring the Server
Once you have installed the plugins, you will need to configure the server. This involves editing the server configuration files to set the server settings. This can be a complex process and requires a lot of knowledge of the game. You will need to set the server name, the maximum number of players, the game mode, and many other settings. The process involves the following steps:
- Edit the server.cfg file: The server.cfg file is located in the csgo/cfg directory and contains all the settings for your server, such as the server name, max players, and game modes. You can use a text editor such as nano or vim to edit the server.cfg file.
- Set the server name: To set the server name, you will need to add the following line to the server.cfg file:
hostname “Your Server Name”
Replace “Your Server Name” with the desired name for your server.
Set the max players: To set the max players, you will need to add the following line to the server.
cfg file:sv_maxplayers 32
Replace 32 with the desired number of players for your server.
3. Set the game modes: To set the game modes, you will need to add the following line to the server.cfg file:
game_mode 0; game_type 0
The game mode is the match-type (e.g. deathmatch, arms race) and the game type is the match-making type (e.g. casual, competitive). You can find a list of all the game modes and types on the official CSGO website.
4. Set the map: To set the map, you will need to add the following line to the server.cfg file:
Replace “de_dust2” with the desired map for your server.
Save the file: Once you have made your changes, save the file and exit the text editor.
You may also like: Esports in India: Will Parents and Society Ever Encourage?
Step 4: Launching the CSGO Server
Once you have configured the server, you can launch it. This is done by running the server executable file. You will need to navigate to the folder where you extracted the server files and run the executable file. Once the server is running, you will be able to connect to it and play the game. Launching the server is the final step in creating a CSGO server with skins, knife, and gloves plugins. The process involves the following steps:
- Navigate to the csgo directory: To launch the server, you will need to navigate to the csgo directory on your server using the command line interface.
- Start the server: Once you are in the csgo directory, you can start the server by running the following command:
./srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 0 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_dust2
This command will start the server with the game type set to casual and the game mode set to deathmatch, and the map set to de_dust2. You can change these settings to match your desired game mode, map, and map group.
3. Monitor the server: Once the server is running, you should monitor it to ensure that it is running smoothly. You can do this by checking the console output and monitoring the server logs.
4. Test the server: After the server is running, you should test it to ensure that it is working correctly. You can do this by connecting to your server and testing the skins, knife, and gloves.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
Step 5: Managing the Server
Once the server is running, you will need to manage it. This involves monitoring the server for issues, such as players cheating or hacking. You will also need to update the server regularly to ensure that it is running smoothly.
Managing the server is an ongoing process that is necessary for maintaining a stable and reliable CSGO server with skins, knife, and gloves plugins. The process involves the following steps:
- Monitor server performance: Regularly monitor the server’s performance to ensure that it is running smoothly. This includes monitoring the CPU, memory, and network usage, as well as checking the server logs for any errors or issues.
- Update the server: Keep the server updated with the latest patches and updates. This includes updating the server software, plugins, and map files.
- Backup the server: Regularly backup the server files and configurations to protect against data loss. This includes backing up the server.cfg file, the plugins, and any custom maps.
- Manage player accounts: Manage player accounts by adding, removing, and banning players as necessary. This includes monitoring the server for any cheaters or hackers, and taking appropriate action
- Manage the server settings: Regularly review and adjust the server settings as necessary. This includes adjusting the max players, game modes, and maps, as well as configuring the plugins.
- Manage the server security: Regularly check the server for any vulnerabilities and apply the necessary security measures. This includes using firewalls, anti-virus software, and keeping the server software and plugins up to date.
Creating a CSGO server can be a complex process and by following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you should be able to create your own server and customize your gaming experience.
If don’t want to do go through all of the above then you can simply buy the server in just 2 minutes from our Partner for just INR 650/month.
They have different server options like pug server, practice server, tournament server shown as different colour products for easy discovery, at the best price in the market along with top class support.
Thanks for staying with us till this far 🙂