Jill Valentine arrives at Resident Evil Resistance as a new playable character. The S.T.A.R.S. specialist joins the Survivors group.
On April 17, 2020, Jill Valentine, the star of Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil 3 Remake, arrived at Resident Evil Resistance. Through a free upgrade, the S.T.A.R.S. specialist joins the Survivors group, and will have to join forces with them if she wants to escape the traps set by the Umbrella Corporation’s Brains. Here’s what Jill looks like, and what skills she has:
Resident Evil Resistance: that’s Jill Valentine; these are her skills
According to the game itself, Jill Valentine is focused on inflicting damage, and on combat. These are her skills:
The skill of frenzy is a definite skill; each Survivor has his or her own two. Jill Valentine can choose from the following two:
- T.A.R.S. Armory – Samurai Edge: Jill substitutes her weapon for the Samurai Edge gun. This powerful weapon is incredibly accurate, deals massive damage, and is capable of taking down anything.
- T.A.R.S. Armory – Rocket Launcher (unlocks at level 23): Jill replaces her weapon with a 4-missile rocket launcher whose explosion covers a large area.
Jill’s personal skill is focused, as in Resident Evil 3, on evasion and dodging enemy attacks. You can choose from the following two:
- Evasion – Quick Reload: shortens skill reuse time.
- Evasion – Alpha Team (unlocks at level 11): Briefly increases damage and chance of critical attacks when activated.
You may also like: You must read this before buying Gaming glasses
Passive Ability 1
Jill has four different passive skills, although she can only choose one of each pair. The passive skills, as their name suggests, provide latent benefits to the character.
- Specialist – Counterattack: Allows her to counterattack from the front when the S.T.A.R.S. Armory is fully loaded, in exchange for increasing her reload time.
- Specialist – Anti-Surveillance (unlocked at level 5): Increases damage to traps and cameras when the S.T.A.R.S. Armory is fully loaded.
Passive Ability 2
This is Jill’s second set of passive skills:
- Delta Force – Accuracy: concentrates the reticle when aiming even if Jill is moving.
- Delta Force – Cue Ball (unlocks at level 17): Increases damage when the reticle is fully centered.
Free content for Resident Evil Resistance
It’s published in the official Resident Evil account on Twitter, the following roadmap is planned for Resident Evil Resistance:
- April 2020: Jill Valentine as Survivor
- May 2020: Nicholai Ginovaef as Brain
- June 2020 onwards: more updates
For now, Capcom seems to want to keep Resident Evil Resistance, the multiplayer component of Resident Evil 3 Remake, alive as much as possible. We’ll have to see if they manage to maintain a stable player base over time.